Kindergarten Registration

Do you have a child that will start Kindergarten in the 2021-2022 Kindergarten Registration graphicschool year?
We look forward to meeting all of our new Kindergarten students, and we're excited to get everyone registered and ready for school to begin on August 12!
New Kindergarten students who follow the steps below will receive a Home of a Future Panther - Ready for Kindergarten Yard Sign once you complete the registration process!
Pelham students in Kindergarten through 5th grade attend Pelham Oaks Elementary and Pelham Ridge Elementary. Please visit the Zoning page for details about elementary school attendance zones.

In order to register your child for kindergarten, follow these steps:  

Create a PowerSchool Account

  • Click the appropriate link below to create your PowerSchool account -


  • Enter all required information to set up your account. The account is meant to be created by an adult family member.
  • It is important to create only one account per household so that the system will be able to save and access your information correctly.
Complete Online Registration
  • Follow the prompts and enter all required information on each page. 

Make an appointment to attend registration at the school where your student is zoned.

  • If you did not attend an appointment during the spring registration events in March, call the elementary school where your student is zoned to attend, and set up an appointment with the school registrar to complete registration.

In order to register your child for kindergarten, several documents are required. Please bring all documents to your registration appointment.

What to Bring - 

  • Parent or legal guardian must enroll the student. A photo ID is required.
  • Current, up-to-date Alabama Immunization Form for student
  • Birth Certificate for student
  • Social Security Card for student (not mandatory, but if you would like to use for student identification purposes, please bring the card)
  • Custody Papers, if applicable. (If mother and father are listed on birth certificate but not living in the same household we need custody paperwork. Final/current order with judge's signature must be submitted.)
  • Proof of Residence - All students are required to provide TWO (2) of the following residence verification documents (must be in parent/legal guardian's name):
    • Current utility bill or utility deposit receipt (disconnect notices are not allowed). NOTE: Two different utility bills or receipts from the following are acceptable: Alabama Power, Pelham Water, Spire, Southwest Water, Shelby County Water, Huntley, Green Park, or Grand Reserve utility statements.
    • Current lease agreement (listing occupants) OR receipt for rent or house payment (must include address)
    • Current U.S. government communication (i.e. Social Security, income tax)
    • Property deed (parent/legal guardian must reside full-time at the residence)
    • Current vehicle registration (car tag)
    • Current home owner's or renter's insurance policy

For Kindergarten enrollees only - The proof of residence verification needs to be completed during your registration appointment AND during summer verification for proof of residence.

You can also view this information in our Kindergarten Registration Step By Step Guide.

If you have questions about any of the steps in the Kindergarten Registration process, please call the school where your student is zoned to attend.